Feb 28, 2014

Boredom Ninja

I’m soooooooo bored!

My parent used to tell me only boring people get bored. This slight truism gets stuck in my head whenever boredom strikes. Am I boring? Maybe, sometimes.

But in my defense there are times that nothing sounds good, I don’t have my book with me, nothing on Netflix looks good, I’m sick to death of Hulu, I have no interest in Pinterest (see what I did there?), even YouTube videos aren’t cutting it.

I have been struck by boredom.

 Silent, deadly, smothering boredom (apparently boredom is a ninja).

Boredom Ninja Strikes
Boredom Ninja wears beige to blend with his surroundings




Books and Writing are my only defense against this sneaky slayer of excitement.

Since I don’t have my book with me, but I do have pen and paper, I shall defend myself with…WRITING PROMPTS!

TAKE THAT BOREDOM NINJA!

Five Best sites for Writing Prompts

1-awesomewritingprompts.tumblr.com this awesome site is loaded with highly entertaining writing prompts. Especially her, A Genre, A Person & A Problem prompts, these get my brain going

2-www.writersdigest.com/prompts Writer’s Digest is full of helpful writing tips and advice, but their prompts are the best, funny and entertaining, these prompts could spawn some really great books

3-www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts/ the writing prompts here are submitted by everyday readers and there are some amazing ones.

4-www.squidoo.com/365-creative-writing-prompts there’s no shortage of prompts from this page, do one a day if you feel like it.


5-www.justinmclachlan.com/469/25-fantasy-writing-prompts I love the prompts on his site, they’re super creative and spark my imagination every time. 




No comments: